Photo Courtesy of Jacob Turner
BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team fell to Barton College by the score of 9-0 Sunday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action. The loss moves LMC's overall record to 6-7 on the season, including a 2-7 mark in conference matches.
Even though the Bobcats did not win any of the nine points Sunday, they did put together competitive efforts in a few contests. Both Sandy Allen and Mackenzie Langmade pushed their singles bouts to three sets. The duo also got its No. 1 doubles tilt to a tiebreaker before falling, 8-7.
The rest of the Sunday's results can be found below.
1. Daria Avram (BARTON) def. Sandy Allen (LMC-W) 3-6, 7-6, 6-2
2. Vanessa Sanoja (BARTON) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 6-1, 2-6, 7-6
3. Marissa Stevenson (BARTON) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC-W) 6-1, 6-0
4. Ada Vargas (BARTON) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) 8-4
5. Claudia Capellades (BARTON) def. Dakota Tittle (LMC-W) 8-1
6. Whitney Hamilton (BARTON) def. Emily Harrison (LMC-W) 8-3
1. Daria Avram/Marissa Stevenson (BARTON) def. Sandy Allen/Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 8-7
2. Vanessa Sanoja/Ada Vargas (BARTON) def. Jaden Acklin/Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) 8-5
3. Claudia Capellades/Whitney Hamilton (BARTON) def. Dakota Tittle/Emily Harrison (LMC-W) 8-2
Lees-McRae will return to action on Friday when it hosts Emmanuel at the LMC Tennis Courts. First serve for that tilt is set for 2 p.m.