Banner Elk, NC--In this interview junior Natalie Burns of
Orlando, FL shares more of herself with fans of the Bobcats.
1. What made you decide to come to
Volleyball, snowboarding, the Biology Program and going to
school out of state all played a role in my decision.
2. How long have you been playing
I've been playing since 8th grade (7 years).
3. What are your personal goals for this
I'll strive to be the best player I can be (earn a position) and
contribute to my team with a broader goal of a winning season.
4. What's your favorite volleyball memory here at
Lees-McRae so far?
Going to the Sweet 16 my freshman year is the best memory.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
My coach from club who has coached me through all my hard times
(since I was 15). Although she is in Florida, she even helps when
I am off at school.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport
would you play?
You'd find me playing soccer, snowboarding, or doing track and
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
Major: Pre-Vet, Minor: Wildlife Rehab. I plan to get PhD in
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go?
I'd want to witness the creation of the universe.
9. What is your favorite food?
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be?
I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand.
11. What is one word that describes you and
Competitive...I will always go down fighting to the end in every
game or sport. My mentality is "Never give up!"
Natalie's Story … I am from Orlando, FL.
I grew up a big city girl playing every sport I could get involved
in. Now I live in a small country town called Chuluota. This is
where my parents now reside which helped with the transition to the
even smaller town of Banner Elk, NC.