Banner Elk, NC--Today we get Up Close & Personal with sophomore setter Trisha Reese who comes to Lees-McRae from Hanover, PA where she played for R&B Select. Trisha was leading the Bobcats with 265 sets in 9 matches when she was hit with a season-ending injury during the Converse matchup.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play for Megan again. I also fell in love with the mountains.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I've been playing volleyball since 7th grade, which means seven years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to be a leader on and off the court, stay positive…..have llimited ball handling errors.
4. What's your favoritevolleyball memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Jammin' out on the bus ride toFlorida comes to mind!
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My parents bcause they were always so supportive and gave me the opportunity to do what I love… especially my dad. He was so competitive that it drove me to be that way and be a hard worker.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? I might play soccer.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am still undecided as of now.
8. What is your favorite book? A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin is my favorite book.
9. What is your favorite food? Pizza
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would go to Hawaii because I love the beach.
11. What is one word that describes you and