Up Close & Personal with Kell Bogdan
Banner Elk, NC--A freshman for the Bobcats, Kell has already accumulated 131 digs and added 120 sets helping to fill the void created by injured setters on the team. Bogdan comes to Banner Elk from Leawood, KS where she played for Team KC Club. Join us today as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I chose to go to Lees-McRae because of the amazing location, plus I've always wanted to go out of state. I also chose Lees-McRae to further my volleyball career. I'm really excited to play a sport in college.
2. How long have you played volleyball? I have been playing volleyball for six years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I would really like to improve my skills as a back row player and also improve on my hitting skills. I would like to earn a starting position on the team and contribute as much as I can on and off the court.
4. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has always been a really good example of a good athlete. He played baseball and football in college and always let me know how hard I had to push myself to be a college athlete.
5. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? If I weren't playing volleyball, I would love to be a soccer player. I played on a rec team with some friends for the last two years and had so much fun.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degreee? I plan to study political science and then go on to law school.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? If I could go back in time I would go back to the 70's because it was such a cool time in social and musical culture.
8. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Bookends by Jane Green.
9. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is homemade ice cream.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would love to visit London or Spain.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Chill, I don't stress out very often, and I don't
really get upset.
Kell's Story...I was born in Ft. Worth Texas. I've lived in Nebraska, New York, Wisconsin, and in Kansas now for about six years. I used to figure skate, play basketball and softball competitively as well as volleyball. I love being active and hanging out with friends. I can't wait to start college, and I cant wait to go skiing in Banner Elk, NC.