Banner Elk, NC--Today we catch up with freshman Lindsey Brant
from Orlando, FL as we continue our Up Close series with the
women's volleyball team. Lindsey played with the Orlando
Volleyball Academy prior to coming to LMC.
1. What made you decide to come to
Lees-McRae? I fell in love with the campus, girls, and
coaches. It's the perfect size for me coming from a high school
with only 30 students. It's perfect!
2. How long have you been playing volleyball?
I've been playing volleyball since I was 12, starting with my 6th
grade volleyball team and then club.
3. What are your personal goals for this
season? My goals are to increase speed of play and become
4. Who has been the most influential person on your
athletic career? My daddy has played that role in my
5. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport
would you play? Tennis- they have really cute
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
your degree? Business- I (plan)(hope)(wish) to open a day
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I'd go back to the
prehistoric times to see all the cute dinosaurs and have some of
them as pets.
8. What is your favorite book? My favorite
book is And Then There Were None. ( I think that's what
9. What is your favorite food? SUSHIIII...I
eat it like 3-4 times a week.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be? Australia because it seems amazing and
kangaroos are my favoritest animal ever.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Abnormal...You'll see! Another word that describes
me is gregarious..because I'm a friendly person who likes to be
around people and is easy to get along with.