Banner Elk, NC--Today we meet up with a freshman on the squad
who has made an immediate impact with over 200 kills and 14 blocks
on the season already. This communication arts major hails from
Connelly Springs, NC.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
A lot of things weighed in my decision to come to LMC: volleyball
(of course)--close enough to come home if I'm having a bad day, but
still far enough away to still feel independent--small class
2. How long have you been playing volleyball?
I've been playing since 7th grade, so for six years.
3. What are your personal goals for this
season? I'd like to be the best player I can be (earn a
position) and contribute to my team with a larger goal of a winning
4. Who has been the most influential person on your
athletic career? My dad has. He has planted the
competitive spirit in me and has pushed me and encouraged me even
when I didn't think I was good enough.
5. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport
would you play? I'd be playing basketball.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
your degree? Communication Arts--I'd like to go into
graphic design in advertising.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I'd go back to the fifties
when there were poodle skirts, drive-ins, and the streets were
8. What is your favorite book?To Kill a
9. What is your favorite food? Chicken
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be? I would like to visit Japan or New
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Content: I'm happy with myself and don't let others
influence me badly. I'm easily pleased and low-maintenance.
Whitney's Story … I am from Connelly
Springs, NC., a very small town, and I love it. I come from a huge,
very close family. My family are my favorite people in the world.
They've made me who I am today. I've always had someone there for
me, that's why college intimidates me a bit.