Up Close & Personal with Taylor Stice
Banner Elk, NC--Today we continue our Up Close series with freshman Taylor Stice. This Franklin, TN native competed in the Junior Olympic Nationals and also played for both Franklin High School and Impact VBC.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? Megan and Jamie recruited me, and it just seemed to fit.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I have been playing volleyball for seven years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to come in as a strong freshman and learn as much as a can.
4. What's your favorite volleyball memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Watching the men's team play on my recruiting trip is my favorite memory so far, but I'm sure there is more to come.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My mother has been, not for her knowledge of the sport, but for her support.
6. If you weren't playingvolleyball, what other sport would you play? I probably wouldn't play any other sport. I've tried pretty much everything and didn't really like playing any other sport.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Business, I want to go into hotel/resort management and be a chef.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would like to go back to the Medieval era.
9. What is your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice
10. What is your favorite food? Salad/vegetables
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to travel to Italy.
12. What is one word that describes you and
why? Persistent; Once I've set my mind to something I
will do whatever it takes to accomplish it.