As we continue our Up Close series today we'll get to know
Justine Congdon of Mason, Ohio. A freshman, Congdon will play in
the outside hitter and libero positions for the Lady Bobcats once
she recovers from shoulder surgery. Before arriving at LMC Congdon
played for both Mason High School and for Team Z. Join us as we
get up close and personal with her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I bonded with the team and coaches very quickly
and knew that they could be that second family for me since I live
so far away. Also the beautiful campus and food played a role in
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to traveling with the team
and becoming the new National Champs.
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? Since I am currently not playing right now because
of a shoulder injury, I am just going to try an be vocal off the
court and support all the girls on and off the court.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for
matches? I always listen to some good harcore music and
take a good nap.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball
career? My parents because they put so much time, money,
and energy into helping me get to where I am today.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat volleyball team? I love how we are all one big
family. We always have a good time but can still be serious and
focused on the game.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? Mostly to have a quick recovery from my injury
but I also want to still be a big part of the team even if I can't
8. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would try snowboarding because now that I
live in the mountains it's the perfect thing to do and to stay in
9. Describe your favorite dessert. A hot
fudge cake, then some apple pie, then a bite of chocolate chip
banana bread, then top it all off with a sugar cookie!