Up Close & Personal with Justine Congdon
As we continue our Up Close series today we'll get to know Justine Congdon of Mason, Ohio. A freshman, Congdon will play in the outside hitter and libero positions for the Lady Bobcats once she recovers from shoulder surgery. Before arriving at LMC Congdon played for both Mason High School and for Team Z. Join us as we get up close and personal with her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I bonded with the team and coaches very quickly and knew that they could be that second family for me since I live so far away. Also the beautiful campus and food played a role in my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to traveling with the team and becoming the new National Champs.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? Since I am currently not playing right now because of a shoulder injury, I am just going to try an be vocal off the court and support all the girls on and off the court.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I always listen to some good harcore music and take a good nap.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? My parents because they put so much time, money, and energy into helping me get to where I am today.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? I love how we are all one big family. We always have a good time but can still be serious and focused on the game.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Mostly to have a quick recovery from my injury but I also want to still be a big part of the team even if I can't play.
8. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try snowboarding because now that I live in the mountains it's the perfect thing to do and to stay in shape.
9. Describe your favorite dessert. A hot
fudge cake, then some apple pie, then a bite of chocolate chip
banana bread, then top it all off with a sugar cookie!