Up Close & Personal with Megan Epperson
As we continue our series of Up Close articles we meet up with newcomer Megan Epperson of St. John, Ind. As an outside hitter for the Lady Bobcats Epperson has accummulated 119 kills along with 9 block solos and 24 block assists. She also has 121 digs and has served up 17 aces. Epperson is pursuing a degree in business while not on the volleyball court. Join us as we get to know her better today.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? A major part of what made me decide was how nice and how well the girls got along on and off the court, especially how the team felt more like a family.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better, playing, enjoying the college life, and, of course, succeeding as a team!
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say that my strengths would be my hitting and being a positive player.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like listening to a good pump-up song on the iPod.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? My parents...they drove to me to practices and tournaments. They always supported me and always have positive words of wisdom to give.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? It is like belonging to more of a family than just a team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goals are get some quality court time and to make an impact on the court. Team goal would be to become National Champions.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? My biggest mental challenge is passing.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom has been because she always taught me to do my best and never settle for less.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try rock climbing because it looks really scary and physically challenging.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. My favorite dessert has to be anything with chocolate!! But a good piece of cheesecake is also nice!