Up Close & Personal with Lauren Hall
As we continue our series of interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with freshman Lauren Hall who hails from Enka, N.C. The 6'0 outside hittter for Lees-McRae graduated from Enka High School where she received All Conference and All State recognition all four years. She also played for Biltmore Volleyball Academy. In the classroom, Hall is pursuing a degree in elementary education. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to LMC because of the atmosphere here, plus the volleyball team is awesome and because of snowboarding!
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? This season I am most looking forward to creating that bond with my teammates and going as far as we can go in the NCAA tournament!
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think that my strengths lie in my hitting and blocking.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? To prepare myself for a game I work hard in practice and listen to certain songs on my iPod before a game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? My parents have had the biggest impact on my volleyball career because they were the ones that drove me to practice and tournaments. I couldn't have done it without them.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? My favorite thing about being part of the volleyball team here at LMC is all the girls on the team. They are great and very talented.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal this year is to get better at the parts of volleyball that I am weakest.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? The biggest mental challenge that I have at volleyball is passing to target and angling my arms.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom, she always taught me to work hard and do my best at everything I do.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is for it to be a warm sunny day out on the parkway driving and stopping for hikes and a picnic, then going out to hang with my friends.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Sky Diving! I have always wanted to try it. I love heights and I think that falling from the sky is as high as you can get!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My mom's
pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream! It is amazing!