Today we meet up with sophomore Taylor Stice as we continue our series of Up Close & Personal interviews. Hailing from Franklin, Tennessee, Stice has found a place on the women's volleyball team as a right side hitter. Off the court she is pursuing a degree in business. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I could not decide where I wanted to go, I turned down a lot of colleges and as well was turned down by some. My mom brought to my attention that Megan and Jamie had been recruiting me over the years, so I went for a visit and played with the team and loved the mountains. I couldn't be happier.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? Meeting our goal of making it to the Elite 8 is what I am most looking forward to.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I always have a positive attitude.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like to have a good concentrated warm up.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? Brandon Rosenthal, Maggie Tucker, and Tony Howell
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? All of the girls are my best friends, and we have an awesome team dynamic. We always have fun playing together.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? We plan to make it to the Elite 8 as a team. I plan on playing as hard as I can all the time.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? I need to be more aggressive.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom, she is extremely driven and strong and has been a part of so many things in her life from owning a catering business to being a horse trainer.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is a good long nap.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? White water rafting, I've always wanted to and it sounds so fun.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My mom's
homemade chocolate cake or anything with fresh fruit.