Up Close with Dianne Szpak
Banner Elk, NC--Join us as we begin a series "Up Close with the Bobcats Women's Cross Country Team" by interviewing freshman Dianne Szpak from Rutherfordton, NC.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
Claire Weeks.. She was cool ... then I liked a small college, a place where I could get help if I needed it.
2. How long have you been running cross country/track?
3. What are your personal goals for this track season?
To get into better shape
4. What's your favorite cross country/track memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
The wonderful trip to Florida to watch Dana run at XC Nationals... WOW!!!
5. What is your favorite part of the team here at Lees-McRae?
I LOVE being on the XC team and hanging with the girls and making them laugh....
6. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
Dee.. and Claire...I look up to Dee and Claire is just like a mother...
7. If you weren't running, what other sport would you play?
8. What is your favorite thing to do outside of practice?
Hang with my roommate... go to movies.... sleep
9. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
Pre-med....going towards dentistry
10. What is your favorite band?
Red Hot Chilli Peppers or anything in the OLDIES category..
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Ireland.. or Hawaii, maybe NYC
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
SILLY..... I love to have fun and inspire others and make others laugh and be happy....