Banner Elk, NC--Get to know this freshman from Chilhowie, VA as we continue our Up Close series of interviews.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
The area and location are a lot like my home....plus it is a small school so I know that I will be able to get to know my professors one-on-one.
2. How long have you been running cross country/track?
Track since seventh grade...I didn't start running cross-country till my junior year in highschool.
3. What are your personal goals for this track season?
To break 5:20 in the mile and 2:20 in the 800
4. What's your favorite cross country/track memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
Going to Krispy Kreme after our second cross country meet because of the deal I made with Coach Mac
5. What is your favorite part of the team here at Lees-McRae?
Being a family with the girls...making real friends that I know will be there for me
6. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
Coach Mac and my Dad
7. If you weren't running, what other sport would you play?
8. What is your favorite thing to do outside of practice?
Hanging out with the girls on the team...we're all buds
9. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
I haven't really decided on my major yet, but am leaning towards
pre-vet, hopefully to become a veterinary assistant.
10. What is your favorite band?
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Any place hot....like the Caribbean
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
Outgoing....because I'm very loud...and brutally honest....or sarcastic....because I have a habit of speaking sarcasm as a second language